Monday, August 30, 2010

To Make You Laugh

I paid for my parents divorce a few years ago.
I haven't spoken to my dad in years...4 to be exact :)
I think of him everyday so it's a little touchy for me...I couldn't even begin to explain all of the anger and pain I have surrounding this man in my heart.
But anyway, I love my mother dearly. She and I joke constantly...about life usually.
Once, I was saying something negative about my father and I remember it ended with me saying to her:
"HaHa!! Well, that's YOUR HUSBAND!!"
She smiled and calmly said:

"No, honey I divorced him! He's ALWAYS gonna be your DADDY!"

If you knew our humor you'd know that this was just the funniest thing coming from my Mother. I'd never been able to laugh at anything that had to with the subject of my father. It was nice to finally do that. Thanks MOM!!

Sometimes there's nothing else to do about somethin but laugh...I'm learning that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment