Monday, July 26, 2010

Hermanas Por Vida


With the blessing of social networking sites like Facebook I came across this very old picture.
I'm in the middle front with the LIGHT blue dress...ulgh!
This was in 2003ish I think.
Right before I got pregnant with my daughter...and life began.
This is a picture of the BEAUTIFUL women of Sigma Lambda Gamma Sorority Inc.
A few of these women were my best friends in the whole world at this time in my life.
All that this organization stands on...is all that I was at this time in awe of.
Its about REPPIN nothing less than the best...and I can dig that :)
I am very grateful to have had this experience in my early years...
Being apart of this sisterhood really taught me alot.
ALOT OF WHAT I CARRY WITH ME STILL TODAY.

This night, was a sorority formal.
My date was of course none other than Mr. Alvarado.
We'd known eachother just a few weeks, and even though I love being around the sisterhood....
I always feel like I can't do it without him by my side.

I got an invite to attend the Sorority 10 year celebration/reunion the other day...
I plan on not attending.
I'd rather keep the GOOD TIMES in a safe place
and not have to face what I have/have not become...lol
I like for things to stay neatly filed away in the past.
I don't consider myself even on the same plane as these women.
I did it...its done...Cute Pic though.
heehee

No comments:

Post a Comment